Groves Way Residents Forum › Forums › Groves Way Residents Forum › Red Rock Management Discussion › Reply To: Red Rock Management Discussion
Hi Ross, Thanks for seeting up this forum. It’s exactly what we need to create a united front. A few thoughts from myself (the first few being fairly obvious and already much discussed I’m sure):
1. Clearly Howarth Homes/Red Rock are simply trying to increase earnings here.
2. Even after repeated requests (whether individually or at the recent meeting together), they are refusing to present any clear evidence of doing any work which would create costs liable to residents. We should continue to demand accounts, receipts etc, even though I don’t think they have any, as they haven’t done anything.
3. Red Rock will claim that they are being reasonable and have incurred costs in past years and now “credited” our accounts in good faith. If they say anything like this, in my opinion it is completely irrelevant and we should stand our ground.
4. In short, we are being charged for a non-existent service – unless of course, Red Rock or Howarth Homes can categorically prove otherwise.
5. If we give in now and agree to pay this annual fee (which appears to be £371.35), then they will surely increase it next year and every year going forward, without any evidence based justification. We will be at their mercy.
6. Have you looked at getting the local authorities to adopt the road. Let’s face it, we all pay a large amount in council tax and don’t get any value added (to the services the local council give), so why not go down that route. The following is a good read if you have time: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/adoption-of-roads-by-highway-authorities
Like I say, just a few thoughts.
Alastair (18 Groves Way)